For the grill-masters in your life, there is the Shun Kanso BBQ Knife Set. It features 3 essential knives grill enthusiasts will appreciate: 5.5-inch Honesuki Knife for deboning poultry, 6.5-inch Gokujo (Boning/Fillet) Knife and 12-inch Hollow Ground Brisket Knife, ideal for slicing larger cuts of meat. All can be stored in the Shun-branded 8-slot knife roll that is included. Kanso is a design principle based on Zen philosophy. It means “simplicity,” but simplicity that is achieved by eliminating the non-essential. In Kanso, we took away anything that doesn’t matter and kept everything that does: high-performance steel, razor-sharp edge, perfect balance, and precision cutting control. The steel is Japanese AUS10A-highly refined, high-carbon, vanadium stainless steel that takes a razor-sharp edge and holds it longer. Kanso’s Heritage finish hides scratches and gives Kanso a rustic look that just improves with age. The handle is made of Tagayasan wood, sometimes known as “iron sword wood.” The handle contouring enables an easy chef’s grip. Full-tang construction provides strength, balance, and easy cutting control. Like all Shun knives, Kanso is sharpened to a 16 Degree cutting angle each side to cut cleanly and help preserve food’s freshness and best taste. Hand-crafted in Seki City, Japan, Kanso is essential simplicity: a simple kitchen knife that simply performs.
- Kanso BBQ Set features 3 essential knives for meat and poultry needs: 5.5-inch Honesuki Knife, 6.5-inch Gokujo (Boning/Fillet) Knife and 12-inch Hollow Ground Brisket Knife, and a 8-slot knife roll
- Kanso is a design principle influenced by Zen philosophy; It means “simplicity”, but simplicity achieved by eliminating the non-essential
- Full tang construction for balance and strength; blade is made of Japanese AUS10A steel-an upper-end, highly refined steel that takes and retains a razor-sharp edge
- 16-degree cutting angle on each side cuts cleanly and helps preserve food’s freshness and best taste; hollow-ground feature provides easy food release
- Handle is made of Tagayasan wood (known as iron sword wood) notable for its denseness, durability and beauty; angled for a chef’s grip and precision cutting